• Venice, CA
Votes |
My First Eviction: Unreachable Tenant

Michael Glaser
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Venice, CA
Posted May 23 2017, 15:46

As so many BP Podcasts have said, I don't look at this as a bad thing. It's a 'free' education on tenant screening mistakes as well as learning the ropes in my rental market on evictions. 

Without going into too many details, I'll jump to what's happening currently. I recently spoke with the Sheriff in WYCO, KCK and I have my eviction date of May 30th. I'm unable to get a hold of my tenant nor will any of his family return my calls. He did not show up at his court date, so the judgment went through.

Before the 30th I'd like to post something to his door along the lines of "You need to vacate the property immediately as the WYCO Sheriff will be arriving within the next week if you're still here"

In addition to that,  I'd like to post the judgment against him so he knows it's lodged with the Sheriff and it's happening.

1. If I can't reach him, is this my best(only) option?

2. Can I also add that he needs to make an effort to get a hold of me when he's out as he's liable for the house under contract? Is that legal?

3. Can I advertise the listing to be shown before he's evicted? *If the place needs only minor repairs 

Part of me feels uneasy about posting this on an open forum. If this is a bad idea, please feel free to knock me over the head and I'll as the MOD's remove this post. OR. If this sort of thing is better in the PRO forum as it's not public.

Thank you in advance!

Loading replies...