Airbnb vs Year long tennant

3 Replies

What do you think is better? Airbnb or and actual tenant? I feel that airbnb may be more lucrative, however you got to hope people are signing up to stay in your place. On the other hand with a tenant you will always have steady monthly income.

What are your thoughts? 

I think it has a lot to do with location,location,location! You wouldnt want an airbnb in a D neighborhood.

I have a friend who has 4 short term vacation rentals in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. She makes a ton of money doing STR during the summer and during the winter she leases them furnished to travel nurses. She is making more money on her rentals than being a nurse. It is all about location.

They're as different business models as flipping and B&H. If you want to invest in the furnishing and have the time for management then go for it, assuming there's a demand. I get the impression it really needs to be pretty high end to outsource all the management and still make more money. If I ever get bored after I finish renovating and re-renovating my properties I might give it a go, there's a number of them listed in my neighborhood.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here