• Real Estate Investor
  • Bangor, ME
Votes |
M2M Tenant gave notice hasn't left

Codey Staples
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Bangor, ME
Posted Oct 17 2017, 04:56

I acquired my first multi family property in July and it wasn't in bad shape just needed some minor things but the 2 tenants living in them weren't what you would call desirable and before sale i was able to get one of the tenants to leave as they were a couple months behind on rent, This left me with my middle tenant who were month to month under previous owner and stayed that way with me and in September the tenant called me and said they would be moving and that it wouldn't be until middle of October that they would be moving so we ended up agreeing on Sunday Oct 15 being there last day, so September goes by and we get into October she gets a benefit check 2nd Wednesday of every month so instead of first of the month she pays rent then, but this time she has "no money" because they needed to rent a Uhaul to move, and she also said she'd have the money this past Friday which she didn't of course.. and wouldn't you know it this past weekend they didn't have a Uhaul at the property once and i only saw them leave the property with boxes of stuff a couple times, I guess i don't get what my next steps are they gave there notice and the move out day has come and gone they're overdue on rent and they're M2M i had setup a time for a carpet company to come in and replace the carpet this week and I need them out  I cant just change the locks can I?

Loading replies...