• Rental Property Investor
  • Willard, OH
Votes |
Outsourcing Landlord Duties Without PM

Josh Bauerle
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Willard, OH
Posted Dec 17 2017, 09:53

I’m in the process of purchasing 13 total rental units to go with the two I already own.  This is in rural OH and there are truly no good property management options. 

I’m trying to think of ideas to outsource several of the landlording tasks without a true property manager.  Any ideas on tasks like...

Finding tenants- This seems to be the biggest time consumer and toughest to outsource. I’ve thought about finding someone who could simply handle showing the property and screening potential tenants and just get a 50 percent commission on first months rent for successfully placing a tenant. Any other ideas there?  Maybe electric lockboxes that would allow people seeing the properties to look themselves?

Collecting rent- Obviously they can mail the rent, but that still requires trips to the post office and bank and when people don’t mail it I will still have to go knock on doors. Anything I’m overlooking there?  Any good ways to offer them to pay rent remotely?  Most of the units are lower income type properties so several people won’t even have bank accounts. 

Repairs- I don’t see any other solutions here than having a bunch of handy men I can call with repair requests. Any ideas I’m overlooking?

Anything else I can do to reduce my day to day activities in the properties without a full property manager?

Loading replies...