Votes
Ananth Nari
  • Frisco, TX
Votes |
Delay in showing property to new renters after lease breakage

Ananth Nari
  • Frisco, TX
Posted Jan 15 2018, 15:02

We bought a new home and had to break the current lease for the condo we are renting (State: Texas). The lease runs till Aug 2018. We broke the lease with the required 45 days notice. Per the lease agreement, we are responsible for the rent & utilities till a new renter is found. We moved out, cleaned the house using professional cleaners and informed the property manager end of Dec 2017. It has been 3 weeks since we informed them, but there is no update on doing the required repairs (like some paint work) and make it ready to show to prospective renters. The property manager seem to be in no hurry to rent the house. Whenever we call the property manager, she sounds rude for breaking the lease and is non-committal about when the house will be available for any new renter. I did not object to any repair work she mentioned but I am still waiting on the cost I need to pay for the repairs.

Is there a reasonable time frame by when the property manager is expected to get the house ready for showing from the move-out date? I have paid the January rent. Should I withhold the February rent assuming the property is not rented till then?

Loading replies...