Acquired tenant parking

3 Replies

I'm new to this and just purchased a multi family usinf fha. I will be living on the first floor with my family. There are 2 units above and one of them already gave their 30 days notice and it's okay. The other tenant I feel may be resistant to paying more since they have been paying half of the market price before. 

Tenant is at will in the state of MA. I would like to know. Can I legally tell her not to park in the driveway? I have 3 cars and there isn't room for her. She never signed a contract with previous owner and is at will. She has been parking there for 8 years but with owners changing, circumstance have changed.  Can I just tell her to start parking on the street ? 

You can tell her , she might not like it . Unless in her lease it says she has a parking space 

You can tell her, unless it is in the lease, she wont like it and I am not sure what would happen in a storm like this. How is the street parking in your area of worcester? This is the tenant leaving right?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here