• Rental Property Investor
  • Goodview, VA
Votes |
Lynchburg VA, best buy and hold areas?

Austin Rath
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Goodview, VA
Posted May 10 2018, 13:12

Hello all! While in my search for my first rental property in Lynchburg VA, I'm struggling to stick to a specific area. I am wondering if anyone currently in the market would have some insight on the most common zip codes or specific areas where others invest, and why they choose those areas? Pros and cons of them as well would be great. I've stated in my initial posts that I am focusing on multi families, however the areas I'm finding duplexes seem to be places that I do not feel the most comfortable when I drive through them.. With that said I am opening up more to the idea of single family homes In cleaner neighborhoods, but still being new to the area, unsure where exactly those places are.

For those of you not in my market, what do you look for when determining where you what to buy, and how do you find the information you need? Do you just find statistics of a given area online, or talking with everyone you interact with, or other ways? Also what do you actually want to know about a given area? 

As always, I appreciate any responses to my beginner questions! 

Thanks everyone!

- Austin 

Loading replies...