• Rental Property Investor
  • Cabo San Lucas
Votes |
Property Management for Vacation Rentals Airbnb/VRBO

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cabo San Lucas
Posted Jul 17 2018, 07:56

I have gone to 100% vacation rental with about 75% of my bookings coming from Airbnb and the remaining 25% coming from VRBO, Booking.com and some local bookings.  For my market this makes the most sense and we are netting 300% more monthly income then we would under traditional rental agreements.  The problem is, as we add doors the workload of doing 6+ checkins/checkouts a month per door is becoming more time consuming.  I have in place a system and people that I cordinate with to clean the condos between stays, take the bedding to the laundry and restock necessary items.  

Does anyone here have experience using a property management service to run their Airbnb business and if so what does that actually entail?  Do they handle the backend side as well for you, responding to messages inapp, setting up check in times?  Do they only do the checkin/ checkout? Is there the necessity to remake the listings with the property manager as the Host? 

And of course the ultimate question is compensation. Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. 

Any questions about the logistics of the business I am happy to clarify as well. Thanks!

Loading replies...