Renting a property in Cleveland

3 Replies

I have just purchased an investment property in Cuyahoga County and I am told that by law I must have a representative for the property in Cuyahoga County. My plan was to hire a property manager but I'm having a lot of trouble finding one I trust. That may seem harsh and I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Does anyone know if it this is actually the law or if there are any trustworthy companies in Cuyahoga?

Hi Jay - I found an article below that I believe answers your question.  If you are an out of state investor, you definitely need someone in Ohio to be your registered agent.  As far as one specifically in Cuyahoga County, I'm not sure (wouldn't be surprised if you do) - for my properties I've just listed myself as the registered agent because I live in Cuyahoga County.

https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/why-do-i-need-a...

Originally posted by @Jay F. :

I have just purchased an investment property in Cuyahoga County and I am told that by law I must have a representative for the property in Cuyahoga County. My plan was to hire a property manager but I'm having a lot of trouble finding one I trust. That may seem harsh and I wish it wasn't the case, but it is. Does anyone know if it this is actually the law or if there are any trustworthy companies in Cuyahoga?

Depends on where in Cuyahoga County. Maple Heights & Newburgh Heights do require you to have a registered agent who is based in Ohio. Where is your property?