Tenants moved in but section 8 check hasn’t come

3 Replies

Do you mean HUD VASH? That's the voucher for disabled Vets. It flows through SEC 8. The Vet has a VASH caseworker, and a SEC 8 caseworker. Once you return a copy of the signed lease back to SEC 8, they will mail you the contract (I can't remember if it is called a HAP or something else with HUD Vash), that you sign and return. Once they get that your payment will be processed. You will receive the back rent to the lease start date. Usually in the second month you receive the rent for months 1 and 2.