Holiday season tipping

5 Replies

I recently bough bought my first property in NH and have it managed by a property manager. Does anyone tip their PM during the holiday season? I’m thinking a nice bottle or couple bottles of wine wouldn’t hurt? Furthermore all my tenants pay on time as well and have given us no problem? Would doing something similar for them be abnormal? Thoughts?
Originally posted by @Dennis M. :
@Steven Ferraro

That’s their job bro they should be tipping you for the business !

I have one of my Orphans rented.. and frankly I forgot about it.. its in rural Indiana.. and the PM called me and left a message and this year they want to give the tenants a little gift if the tenants qualify. and by qualify I mean they paid a year on time.. which apparently according to the PM they have.. I don't track little rents so I would not know.. if they did or not.. but I will partake since the PM is doing it.

I think it would not hurt to tip the PM at all.. 

One of the big landlords here in Portland ( private old dude) 200 homes or so.. I was in his office one day trying to lock up a timber track he had.. and his office was full of Turkeys  he gave away a turkey to all his tenants they just had to pop by the office to pick it up.. 

but knowing what a thankless job PM is and managing tenants in general is.. I think a nice recognition at Christmas is a wise move on your part.. your financial future is in their hands right ??? 

I would be inclined to thank a PM at this time of year.

Tenants receive a Xmas card. Gift giving creates a obligation of reciprocity. I would never consider placing any tenant in that situation. It would create a uncomfortable situation for the tenant.

I think tipping has gotten way out of hand. Tip jars for someone that spends three minutes making me a cup of coffee? No thanks!

I've never been tipped as a manager and don't even think about it. I get paid for my job, which is our agreement, and I'm thanked regularly which is my bonus. That said, I wouldn't turn down a trip to Germany...

Originally posted by @Nathan G. :

I think tipping has gotten way out of hand. Tip jars for someone that spends three minutes making me a cup of coffee? No thanks!

I've never been tipped as a manager and don't even think about it. I get paid for my job, which is our agreement, and I'm thanked regularly which is my bonus. That said, I wouldn't turn down a trip to Germany...

Nathan you deserve a tip after that lady pooped on the side of your house lol if that’s not ( tip worthy) what is ?