Votes
Luc T.
  • Culver City, CA
Votes |
Another carpet question

Luc T.
  • Culver City, CA
Posted Jan 9 2019, 18:31

Hello all, I have searched the forums and know that most of you do not recommend carpets for your rentals and I completely agree.  However, I have a townhome with an existing laminate flooring on the first floor living/dining area with the staircase and the upstairs bedrooms in carpet.  It is in a nice area in California and the monthly rent is over $2,500.  I am looking to replace the carpet soon as it has been over 6 years since I bought the property and it will not last beyond the existing tenant.

The dilemma is that the laminate floor on the lower level is in good condition but if I replace the carpet on the stair case and upstairs, it will look awful if I replace it with anything that does not match the existing laminate floor (the carpeted staircase connects the laminate floor up to the second floor).  I am not ready to replace the laminate wood floor.  

Is my only option at this point just to replace the carpet until I'm ready to replace the laminate floor?  Opinions welcome please.  If I go with carpet, what are your suggestions please and where to go?  Please help a new landlord investor out.  

Thank you so much!

Luc

Loading replies...