I have some new tenants and they are worried about some scorch marks in the microwave. The unit is a GE and probably 10+ years old. I believe the microwave still works, but I'm curious if any of you out there can tell me if it's still safe to use or if I should just replace it.
Should be fine to use. That's probably the result of arcing caused by putting metal items in there such as pieces of foil or a bag with a wire twistie on it.
Magnetron arcing. If too old replace it before price goes up 10%.
@Jeff Chang a new over the range microwave is $199 + tax. An old microwave is a safety hazard. If any doubt replace it. A new microwave is less than a potential fire from a faulty microwave.