• Rental Property Investor
  • GA
Votes |
Online Landlord and Tenant portals

Akeda Turner
  • GA
Posted Aug 10 2019, 09:38

What are some great online sources for landlords and tenants. I would like to be able to collect rental payments online, accept repair requests, etc.

User Stats

Votes
Mike McCarthy
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Aug 10 2019, 10:05

@Akeda Turner the three big ones are Cozy, Tenant Cloud, and Rently. There are some others like Buildium that are focused towards larger managers (50-100+ units)

I use Cozy and love it. I tried TenantCloud for its accounting capability, but found I liked the Cozy + QuickBooks combination better.

User Stats

Votes
Akeda Turner
  • GA
Votes |
  • GA
Replied Aug 10 2019, 10:55

@Mike McCarthy thank you. I will check it out.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Aug 10 2019, 11:27
Originally posted by @Akeda Turner:

What are some great online sources for landlords and tenants. I would like to be able to collect rental payments online, accept repair requests, etc.

We use a property management software to handle that and all the accounting and leasing advertisements. It's called Rentec Direct and there are other platforms out there with similar offerings. For me personally I think it's super important to have as much as possible under the same roof so to speak.

User Stats

Votes
Akeda Turner
  • GA
Votes |
  • GA
Replied Aug 10 2019, 11:40

@James Wise thank you for the info.

User Stats

Votes
Kenny Dahill
  • Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Tempe, AZ
Replied Aug 11 2019, 15:00

@Akeda Turner,

There are several options for landlords to choose from today, which is nice!  Some to consider would be Burbz, Cozy, TenantCloud, Tenant Turbo.

While the majority of the software tools/features are the same, there are some slight differences that could help you find the best fit.  Every company helps with Rent Collection, Leasing and Maintenance Requests.

The differences commonly deal with free vs. fees (monthly membership or per unit), marketplace of vendors and the accounting features they provide.  TenantCloud is commonly referred as the most powerful accounting software if that's your thing, most people are able to work with the basic accounting functions.

What are your goals and strategy for managing your properties?  That is a good starting point to find the right software solution.

User Stats

Votes
Rob B.
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Aug 12 2019, 15:01

@Akeda Turner  Hi Akeda, it is definitely a good idea to keep a tool in mind that can help you to take care of not only listing the property but also tenant screening, lease creation, rent collection, and maintenance tracking. Definitely, some good ones listed above but you may want to try a full suite application. Let me know if you have any questions! I'd be happy to help get those answered.

User Stats

Votes
Akeda Turner
  • GA
Votes |
  • GA
Replied Aug 12 2019, 15:32

@Rachel Foster thank you

User Stats

Votes
Akeda Turner
  • GA
Votes |
  • GA
Replied Aug 12 2019, 15:32

@Rob B. Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 13 2019, 13:41

Try Tellus. I use it for my rent collection and also my tenants can submit maintenance ticket in the app. Super convenient.