Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Morrissey
  • Risk Manager
  • Milton, MA
Votes |
Tenant Placement Services (Fall River / New Bedford)

Ryan Morrissey
  • Risk Manager
  • Milton, MA
Posted Sep 6 2019, 20:55

I own 18 units in the Fall River / New Bedford area and currently have 5 vacancies. 3 units are on market, and 2 more are being cleaned up and will be on market next week. A couple of the units already on market have been on for several weeks, and one of them has been on market for about 6 weeks.

My property manager has a rental agent in house who is responsible for placing tenants, but I just don’t get the sense that their tactics for placing tenants are super effective as it’s taking a long time to fill the vacancies and prospective applicants that they’ve sent me are not very good and I’ve rejected them.

I’m looking for ideas from other landlords/PMs in the area on how I can most effectively increase the funnel of quality applicants to my vacant units, or if there are specific resources/agencies that people have used to do so. I’m willing to pay for those placement services if it can bring me good, qualified applicants that get placed in the units.

Thanks,

Ryan

User Stats

Votes
Gualter Amarelo
  • Investor
  • Fall River, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fall River, MA
Replied Sep 9 2019, 06:10

@Ryan Morrissey hello my friend.

To solve your problem yes, I can have my top rental Agent fill your units for you. As long as they are in good shape and priced right we should be back to full occupancy within 2-4 weeks with high quality tenants.

The tenant process in Fall River and New Bedford is pretty straightforward and we've been doing it for my portfolio for 7 years and for other landlords for the past 3 with great success.

Typically it takes 2-3 weeks to get a single unit rented out. It can be faster depending on quality and price.

Quality tenants are everywhere and you just have to screen enough people and put your listings in the right places to find them.

We use an application called tenant Turner to streamline the process for us.

If you are interested in having a conversation you can send me a private message.

Cheers to your success!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Morrissey
  • Risk Manager
  • Milton, MA
Votes |
  • Risk Manager
  • Milton, MA
Replied Sep 9 2019, 11:50

@Gualter Amarelo thanks Gualter. I’m definitely interested and will send you a PM with more details

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ismael Mathurin
  • Investor
  • Fall River, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fall River, MA
Replied Sep 9 2019, 14:54

Highly recommends Gualter. One of the best to deal with here in Fall River area. @ryan