Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
William Coet
  • Lititz, PA
Votes |
"Peeping Tom" Tenant Making Female Tenant In Other Unit Nervous.

William Coet
  • Lititz, PA
Posted Nov 2 2019, 18:33

Looking for ideas on how to handle this situation at a small multifamily property.  At this point I'm uncertain what, if anything, I can do legally.  The young female tenant is nervous because of odd behavior of a male tenant who lives in another unit at the same property (directly across the hall).  I do not think that the girl is not overreacting for being uncomfortable with the situation.  She lives with a boyfriend who is a football coach and who is more than capable of protecting her, but he is not always around.  It is when she is by herself that the uncomfortable situations happen.  On multiple occasions she has noticed him staring out his window at her when she is outside with their dogs. He once asked her if she could see him in his windows when she is out with the dogs.  He has said odd things to her like he is going to start suntanning in the nude in the backyard, and once told her that he knew her boyfriend was out of town for the weekend for a football game (and she doesn't think he is a fan of the football team). The guy has been dishonest with her and another set of tenants in attempts to pit them against one another for things he was responsible for.

I am seeking suggestions for how to handle this situation.

Thank you

Loading replies...