Single family homes

3 Replies

@Akash Acharya , are you renting these out per bedrooms?

Research your local laws because often they have limits to how many people can live together as well as how many 'individuals' (i.e. not family).

If you're renting it out by room then I would consider to advertise it as such until you've hit full occupancy.

Originally posted by @Kenny Dahill :

@Akash Acharya, are you renting these out per bedrooms?

Research your local laws because often they have limits to how many people can live together as well as how many 'individuals' (i.e. not family).

If you're renting it out by room then I would consider to advertise it as such until you've hit full occupancy.

I want to rent it out by the room but I'm not entirely sure that I'm legally allowed to do it. If its legal then yes that's what I'll do for maximum roi

Have you considered the extra time and effort it will take to manage a property in this way? That could severely decrease your ROI- rentals like this are VERY hands on. The biggest and least desirable problem is that you will now become the legal referee between roommates who don't know or like or want to live with each other. What if one of them is too noisy or eats the other's food? You are required to provide them with "quiet enjoyment" in most states- how do you address those issues? Do you want to address those issues?

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I'd spend that time and energy finding another deal for myself rather than making the one I have more complicated.