townhouse that may be a good rental

2 Replies

So i have never wholesaled a townhouse. I have only done single family houses.

I have a townhouse that I am trying to wholesale for a coworker. The seller owes 143.000 on the townhouse , He wants to walk away with 20,000 in his pocket, I would like a 3,000 assignment fee. The ARV on the townhouse is 195,000 and the townhouse needs very little work. Only paint in 3 of the rooms and some laminate in the living room is needed. About 2,000 in rehab cost. The property is pretty much move in ready. I think this would be a great rental property but cant find any cash buyers. Are my numbers off ? Any advice on how i should proceed. The seller wants to close by the end of November. Thanks

Flag on the play.

Why would the seller wholesale for $160k when ARV is $190k and the home is pretty much move in ready? Also it only makes sense as a rental if the rent is high enough, which you haven't provided an estimate for.

In addition to @Aaron K. 's excellent points, be aware that many investors are wary of townhomes with a monthly HOA fee and possible unknown assessments. I own several of them, and they've been great for me. But it's not a natural fit for many traditional SFH investors.

Best of luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here