Assuming Section 8 Tenant with new property

4 Replies

I am analyzing a duplex that has a Section 8 tenant. What is the process to transfer the section 8 tenant from the property owner to me? This is the first time I am dealing with this. 

They will require proof of new ownership. You just send it over to the person in charge of accounting and they may have paperwork for you to sign also. 

Contact HUD and request the documentation. They'll have all the forms you need (and then some).

Mostly just paperwork and a possible inspection.  Depending on the agency they may be slow to pay each month, in my experience.  I suggest making it clear that you need the rent by a certain day each month. 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here