Skip to content
General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Mauricio Rezaee
  • Realtor
  • Mountain View, CA
Votes |
3 New Leases Since the "Shelter in Place" Order (California)

Mauricio Rezaee
  • Realtor
  • Mountain View, CA
Posted Mar 31 2020, 14:08

The current state and federal guidelines both recognize housing as critical to the infrastructure of the country. -How can one "Shelter in Place" if they are unable to find a home to shelter in? However, it is still of vital importance that we adhere to CDC guidelines and recommendations regarding social distancing. 

So how am I able to still find new renter's and fill vacancies? -Creativity and technology (and a little bit of elbow grease). I am utilizing virtual tours, zoom, facebook live, facetime, skype, etc., to showcase vacancies to prospective renters. Continued follow-up has proven to be more important than ever (under these circumstances). I am also utilizing docusign and cozy to send and receive lease applications and sign lease contracts online. I am using cozy and venmo to receive online deposits and rental payments.  

For move-ins, I am scheduling specific move-in appointments. I show up 15 minutes early to unlock the home and leave keys on the counter. I greet the new tenant from a safe distance and welcome them to their new home. I am giving 48 hours for them to complete the move-in inspection form (online). 

So don't allow the current conditions to stifle your business. Remember that, as rental property owners, we provide a vital and critical service to the communities we serve. Get creative, think outside of the box, and leverage technology to keep the wheels on your business turning!