Votes
Michael Wegner
  • Saint Louis, MO
Votes |
Landscaping Advice for a new investor-Thanks! 4plex pics included

Michael Wegner
  • Saint Louis, MO
Posted Apr 8 2020, 10:34

Hi guys so I was fortunate enough to close on my first investment property on Monday! It kind of looks like a duplex but it is infact a very small 4 plex with very small units (not for long though because I will be opening up the floor plans:D). 

I understand that if you are investing in SFR's then you would then expect the tenant to take care of the lawn as best as they could/maintain any landscaping you may have already put in and obviously if you are talking 8, 24, and above etc. then i am aware you should probably outsource it to professionals.

My question is for anyone but especially for those of you who own 4 plexes and duplexes. Do you still try to add a little bit of landscaping? Maybe just some hearty bushes or something that doesn't need a ton of maintenance?  Do you ask them to help out with it or do you come by and do it yourself? hire it out? What do you advise? 

I am looking for ideas on how to spruce up the place/give the properties' curb appeal a little boost without breaking the bank. Besides painting the doors the same colors (LOL) what do you recommend? I also hate seeing into the tops of the windows/the blinds... Anything I should attempt to do about all the cracks in the sidewalk? The grass? add a fence?? - I also own the lot next door (to the right) but I am not certain as to what I am going to do with it yet, might sell it might hold it (improving area).

Ps. None are the cracks are actually a problem per inspector and engineer but ya.. it doesn't look great. Thank you all a ton in advance for any advice - I appreciate it! 

Loading replies...