Sunny Rajvansh
  • woodbridge, CT
Votes |
Notice to Quit in Connecituct

Sunny Rajvansh
  • woodbridge, CT
Posted Aug 13 2020, 15:58

Hello Bigger Pockets,

I am a beginner investor in Connecticut and I had a little bit of confusion with the notice to quit. Here are some questions I have. I understand the current situation these questions does not really have a real answer, I wanted to know the answers in normal circumstances.

1. From what I know, in Connecticut the rent is late at the 9th day of the month. So if I was suppose to charge a late fees can I charge for the 10th of the month or 11th?

2. Is late fees maximum to $10 or 5% of the amount due which ever is less? If it is then is that per day?

3. what is the maximum late fees that can be charged by the landlord?

4. If the rent is due on the 1st and late on the 10th and I can not start eviction process when can I actually serve notice to quit? on 10th or 7th?

5. This one is related to the current situation. if a tenant is not able to pay the rent due to the hardship of the pandemic, can i ask for a paper proof from the tenant not having a job or cut down in their hours? does the state provide any proof that can tell me if the tenant is going through the hardship?