General Landlording & Rental Properties

User Stats

Votes
Eli Thielen
Votes |
Expense tracking with cosy.co and other software programs

Eli Thielen
Posted Dec 13 2020, 17:53

I was interested in using cozy.co to manage my rental properties . One of the main things I am interested in is their expense tracking and the ability to take pictures of receipts And I am wondering if there any other management software's available that do similar thingsExpense tracking with cosy.com versus zillow, Avail, and others

I am wondering if any of the other software give the same expense reports at the end of the year for tax purposes

User Stats

Votes
Carl Millsap
  • Investor
  • Midwest
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Midwest
Replied Dec 13 2020, 18:47

@Eli Thielen I recommend https://www.housters.com/login. We use Cozy.co for rent collection and maintenance reporting from tenants, but the expense tracking and reports weren't detailed enough for us. 

I recommend you take a look at housters. They allow for rent payment etc. The cost is $1 per unit up to 40 units from what I'm tracking. The expense reports are detailed and it allows for you to track mileage etc.

I'm in no way affiliated with the company; I have been using them for almost a year and think it's well worth it. They may offer a free trial, I recommend you take a look. 

User Stats

Votes
Aigo Pyles
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Dec 13 2020, 19:17

Cozy is a great app for tracking expenses. I prefer using excel though. When it comes with receipt scanning, there are various apps. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Lee Judd
  • Lender
  • Logan, NM
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Logan, NM
Replied Dec 13 2020, 19:29

@Eli Thielen I have used TenantCloud for the last three year and it is pretty good. There are a few thinks I dont like about it but over all it is a pretty good product. I have looked at Stessa some but never full dove in to in. Both have some nice features but neither let you take pics of receipts to add to expenses.

User Stats

Votes
Eli Thielen
Votes |
Replied Dec 13 2020, 19:45

@Lee Judd 

what do you not like about  Tenantcloud I ha e been looking at that one as well

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Murrell
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Dec 13 2020, 21:25

I haven't used www.cozy.co yet. Right now, we use Stessa for tracking expenses. You can input all of your properties and log separate expenses per property. It monitors bank activity creating reports for you to see. We like it!

User Stats

Votes
Lynnette E.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Dec 13 2020, 21:49

I use cozy and stessa too.

User Stats

Votes
Domenick T.
  • Investor
  • Springfield , NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Springfield , NJ
Replied Dec 14 2020, 03:20

Cozy's expense tracker is simple and easy but it doesn't give you "reports."  It will just give you a .csv file you (or your accountant) can then use to create the reports you need.  Google "Cozy expense tracker feature review" for a detailed review of how the Cozy expense tracker works.

User Stats

Votes
Tracy Streich
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma
Replied Dec 14 2020, 05:41

cozy, stessa, tenantcloud.   You several of these of just step up to a true management software that will do it all.  It will cost more money so it depends on the number of homes you have.   Buildium, Propertyware, Apfolio and Rent Manager are the big ones.   Comes down to cost and time.  I will say this if you are doing it yourself look at the money you save on management and spend it on some tech that will make your life easier and management scaleable. 

Renters Place Logo

User Stats

Votes
Lee Judd
  • Lender
  • Logan, NM
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Logan, NM
Replied Dec 14 2020, 13:44

@Eli Thielen one of my bigger issues is the ease of use and functionality of their reports. I think they could be better. The other is the expenses. Finding a fixing a mistake is not the easiest. Overall I'm pretty satisfied and it would take too much work to move to something else so I stay where I'm at. 😀