Baltimore Permitting ?

1 Reply

Good morning Everyone -

I have a tenant occupied property under contract in West Baltimore.

During the due diligence process it was uncovered that the tenant is a substance abuse clinic and they are using the property to provide temporary housing for patients.

The home currently has a sIngle family dwelling U&O. Do I need to obtain an updated U&O considering the property isn’t being occupied as a SFD?

Thanks in advance.

@Reco Collins It really depends on the rules in your area, on what's allowed as a use and occupancy for a single family home. Since some cities allow group homes in SFH's, but others don't. So I would say, before you start to filing any paperwork to change the zoning, would be to call your local zoning office, to find out what's allowed in the zoning/U&O on that property.