Investory wants to buy rental property from me. how would you...

2 Replies

negotiate it?

I expect they will do a walk through and say "how much you asking?".  For argument's sake this property lists for $420,000 on Zillow.  Thats of course a data point but not necessarily meaningful.  I bought it for $300k.

I have a tenant in the property.

Would you ask them to make you an offer first in response to their question?  Throw out a bit of a high ball number of say $450,000 and see what they come back with?

They say they want to buy in cash.

I'm usually on the buying side so welcome thoughts and experiences as the landlord seller since I've not done that before. 

I get contacted all the time by 'investors' over the phone asking if I'd consider selling my rental house. Sometimes I say I would for full price, (top of the market value for what it is) $150k...I know they wouldn't take it. They "get together with their partners" then call you back. It was maybe 20 minutes. They were looking at $75k.....so that's how that went

Originally posted by @Bill Ward :

I get contacted all the time by 'investors' over the phone asking if I'd consider selling my rental house. Sometimes I say I would for full price, (top of the market value for what it is) $150k...I know they wouldn't take it. They "get together with their partners" then call you back. It was maybe 20 minutes. They were looking at $75k.....so that's how that went

Lol. Yeah I’ve gotten those. This is an actual landlord looking for property. They covered me about $5,000 more than I paid 5 years ago  that’s also $120,000 less than what Zillow says it’s worth (which is often less than you can get in a hot market)