Landlord Sues Wants To Fumigate After Body Left To Decompose

2 Replies

That stinks for the landlord but honestly I feel worse for the neighbors having to deal with the smell.  The body was there for 2 weeks before being found so whatever damage can be done is probably done and I doubt it will get much worse unless mold sets in. This is one of the times I understand the intent of the law to ensure possessions of the deceased aren’t stolen but there needs to be a way to expedite the court process.  At this point the smell has most likely ruined whatever is there and most possessions will be a total loss.  

Originally posted by @Adam Martin :

That stinks for the landlord but honestly I feel worse for the neighbors having to deal with the smell.  The body was there for 2 weeks before being found so whatever damage can be done is probably done and I doubt it will get much worse unless mold sets in. This is one of the times I understand the intent of the law to ensure possessions of the deceased aren’t stolen but there needs to be a way to expedite the court process.  At this point the smell has most likely ruined whatever is there and most possessions will be a total loss.  

I read the dates wrong. I guess it's only been six days since the body was discovered. Still seems to be a long time. I've had quite a few unattended deaths and they're always wrapped up in a couple of days.