User Stats

Votes
Scott Germaise
Votes |
Killington / Okemo Vermont Property Management Fee Inquiry

Scott Germaise
Posted Aug 1 2021, 18:31

Hello,

We've been thinking about buying a slope side or near that 2BR condo at either Killington or Okemo, VT for years now. (So we picked 2021 since it's probably a couple years late to get good deals!  : )    We've been landlords before for condos just outside NYC, so we've done this before. But this would be different as we we would want/need a management company to deal with short term renters; key management, clean up, busted pipe emergencies, etc.

We're wondering if anyone has any details on their experience at Killington or Okemo and fees. (Not looking for agency recommendations; but real landlord perspective on costs.) We've already worked with some real estate agents. (In fact, last year I was about to get in my car on a Saturday, checkbook in hand, to make an offer on a place when I got a call the night before that they went to contract!)

We would do the usual ski ourselves a couple days per week, but rent most weekends and holiday weeks if possible. And off season if possible as well. We've had seasonal and other rentals at Killington in the past, but also like the family oriented nature of Okemo.

Thanks for any advice!

Scott