Do you provide new shower curtains for your rentals?

59 Replies

I do.  Its a small cost and helps to show the property.   To those that say if you provide it your responsible for it.  I havent had a tenant yet come back to me and say that the shower curtain broke and you need to fix it.

@Joe S. Depends on the state of the current ones. If they can be cleaned and made new via Clorox, I'll do that. Otherwise, they are cheap, and it just adds a touch of cleanliness to the unit to set the standard for how you expect it to be kept. I've never had a tenant request to have shower liner replaced. Might be because I do my best to get awesome tenants who treat the units as if they were the owners. @Brandon Turner 's book on managing rental properties is full of awesome advice that has saved me so much trouble. I still ended up with a toilet story, but I could have had many more if I hadn't read that book! 

@Jim K.   those shower/hand shower combos are the worst.  They get to spray water everywhere.  One of my surfing tenants installed one, I think to rinse her wet suit. I gave it back on move out, less chance for water out of the tub.

I provide liners for student rentals on day 1 because they would not put one up.  For regular tenants I provide damage free hooks, felt pads for furniture legs, a plunger, and some toilet paper in the holder.  No shower liner or hooks.

Originally posted by @Colleen F. :

@Jim K.  those shower/hand shower combos are the worst.  They get to spray water everywhere.  One of my surfing tenants installed one, I think to rinse her wet suit. I gave it back on move out, less chance for water out of the tub.

I provide liners for student rentals on day 1 because they would not put one up.  For regular tenants I provide damage free hooks, felt pads for furniture legs, a plunger, and some toilet paper in the holder.  No shower liner or hooks.

YMMV, of course.

We bought expensive shower rings from Home Depot, they look nice and they'll last along time in the rental. Tenants always notice how nice our shower rings are when we have walk throughs. But they provide the curtains and remove them when their lease has expired. 

Updated 3 months ago

*a long