Crowd funding/Creative structure

3 Replies

Has anyone tried any type of crowd funding to raise money? I am currently am a owner in a company that improves around 1,500 lots a year for all of the major home builders in Utah. My father has been a Real Estate developer having projects anywhere from 50-1,300 lots. What I am looking to do is diversifying my excavation/underground construction company having 10% of my work be in house property that we develop and sell out ourselves putting my father in charge of that department. Any creative ideas on how to structure future possible deals, and ways to raise capital to get this venture going

Colton, 

Do you do any of the vertical build out or solely horizontal? Your track record speaks for itself and would be an easy sell to the crowd. If you have a finished product (i.e. a SFH with a CO) you would be able to crowd fund. Feel free to contact me with any questions. My firm does everything from SFH to multifam/retail/mixed use, but there are plenty of options out there!

Good luck!

In Utah County there is a REIA that I have been attending that is pretty good.

Lots of beginners, but also several experienced and knowledgeable investors that are open to sharing at the club.  They meet in Orem on the 4th Thursday of the month.

Utah Valley Real Estate Investors Association.  They have a website, just google them.

Trevor

@Colton Mckell any new information on crowd funding and if you were able to create any new deals?