Greg Weik
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Denver, CO
Posted Jan 14 2021, 11:54
This event is brought to you by:

No Replies

• 01/20/21 09:00AM - 11:00AM America/Denver
  • Secure office, text 303-586-5560 when on site to be let in, 7200 E. Dry Creek Road STE E101 Centennial, Colorado 80112
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Hello, BP Investors and DIY Landlords in Denver and Colorado Springs! 

Let me know if this type of event has value or interest to you - please message me if you would be interested in attending.  I will limit the first meetings to 15 people and if demand warrants, I would move to a larger venue for future meetings. 

The premise of the meeting is that I will go over a lot of what I know as a professional property manager (since 2008), as a local Denver area single-family home investor, and I will discuss a lot of the information below, and answer questions.  

If you decide there's value in our services, you'll have an opportunity to sign up as a property management client to Real Estate Solutions at a discounted rate. If you're not sold on why you should hire us, you'll learn something (probably a lot of somethings) about DIY managing your rental properties. 

Some topics will include:

-Property selection.  Criteria that prove most effective, areas that are on the upswing, areas to potentially avoid. 

-Property preparation.  What needs to be done to a property to make it not only attractive within the rental market, but also safe and legal in Colorado. 

-Tenant selection.  What you can and cannot screen for, what you should be looking for, and the profile of the ideal tenant, which varies by property type and area. 

-Pets or no pets?  Strong opinions abound on this, but cooler heads do the math. 

-Long-term vs. short-term rentals.  Furnished vs. unfurnished.  What's the math and how do we value our time in the context of monthly revenue?

-Rent-by-the-room or "house hack" renting.  Is this an emerging trend?  Is it viable long-term?  What are the pros and cons, and how should an investor navigate this space?

-Process.  The backbone of success in tenant screening, lease preparation, move in, and move out inspections, receiving payments, handling lease violations, handling repairs, etc.  Let's talk about checklists, this is a personal favorite!

-Liability.  What are we up against and what are some best practices to limit our exposure? 

-Communication.  What's the best way to communicate with tenants, vendors, and other parties? 

-Leases.  What are some must-have clauses, and how long is too long?  

-Finding expert vendors.  This can be one of the most challenging parts of owning or managing rental properties.  What's the best approach to finding the best vendors - ones who can do the work, who are professional and honest, and who communicate best? 

-ROI math. How we see ROI, how you see ROI and some light math.

- Questions and answers. Let's all leverage this time so that it has a high ROI for the time spent. Everyone should come out of each meeting with new knowledge and better prepared.

Last - while I did go to law school and have been practicing as a property manager since 2008, I'm not an attorney.  Nothing discussed in the meeting should be construed as legal advice.  

Real Estate Solutions Logo