Votes |
SD REIA JAN 2022 MTG- Short Term Rental Legislation

Andrew Adam
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Posted Jan 4 2023, 12:57

6 Replies

• 01/19/23 06:00PM - 07:00PM America/Chicago
  • We will be in a meeting room TBD which one., 2717 W 41st St, Sioux Falls, SD 57105 Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57105
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

City Counsel Member Alex Jensen will be speaking on STR legislation.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 4 2023, 13:00

Would you give a short description of the even or the link to the rental legislation in question?

User Stats

Votes
Vince Mathis
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied Jan 6 2023, 11:26

Any chance this will be streamed?

Thanks Adam!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Adam
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Replied Jan 17 2023, 09:23
Quote from @Katarzyna Trzopek:

Would you give a short description of the even or the link to the rental legislation in question?

Sioux Falls recently passed some legislation that seemed to restrict and change short term rentals. We have a member or our local government going to come and explain the details of the changes.

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Adam
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Replied Jan 17 2023, 09:24
Quote from @Vince Mathis:

Thanks Adam!

I can do a fakebook video of it.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Pino
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • San Antonio Tx
Replied Jan 24 2023, 09:26
Quote from @Andrew Adam:

Thanks Adam!

Can you give a synopsis? I may invest in the area but I am out of state investor and am curious what possible legislation was passed or may be passed. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Adam
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sioux Falls, SD
Replied Jan 24 2023, 10:22
Quote from @Alex Pino:
Quote from @Andrew Adam:

Thanks Adam!

Can you give a synopsis? I may invest in the area but I am out of state investor and am curious what possible legislation was passed or may be passed. 

There was originally something drafted that might have lead to a hotel tax on STR or potentially a licensing system. BUT when the city councilman spoke to us he said that nothing was passed and that the rest of the council was not for it and that the re zone options seemed like it would never happen. SO all in all there was discussion but there has been NO legislation passed and for the time being it doesn't sound like Sioux Falls will have many restrictions coming in the near future. So a vote for letting the market remain a FREE MARKET is in play.

As far as streaming it, the venue and layout of the discussion was not ideal for streaming. The speaker stood up at a table and answered questions in the middle of the room.  Starting next month we will be back to a new REGULAR meeting place, the Downtown Library.