Votes |
Military Real Estate Investor Meetup

Jordan Malara
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Posted Jan 31 2023, 07:33

2 Replies

• 02/08/23 06:00PM - 08:00PM America/Denver
  • Goat Patch Brewing - Go through the main entrance, past the hallway to their meeting room in the back by the beer garden, 2727 N Cascade Ave #123 Colorado Springs, Colorado 80907
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hey Colorado Springs, I’d like to invite all active duty, reservists, and veterans to join me for a new local meetup focused on connecting like-minded military real estate investors! My intent with this meetup is to support military members in their pursuit of real estate investing and financial freedom. This meetup is completely FREE with no sales pitch included. Just a space for everyone to come together, share their experience and knowledge, and foster mutually beneficial relationships. It will primarily be a time of networking and learning from each other, but depending on how the group grows, I may look at bringing in speakers for each meetup.

I'd like to make this a monthly meetup, so I need the BP communities help to spread the word to get this meetup started strong!

Future discussion topics include:

•       Basics of investing while in the military
    • Comparison of loan types
    • Investing strategies
    • Renting vs Buying in various markets
    • Investing while oversea’s
    • How to invest in real estate using your Thrift Savings Plan (TSP)
    • Finding a Property Manager when you PCS

About Me: I was born and raised in Upstate New York before going down to Oklahoma for college where I studied mechanical engineering while also participating in Air Force ROTC. After graduation, I commissioned into the Air Force and was stationed at Schriever AFB in Colorado Springs, CO. Then, at about my 3 year mark in the Air Force I had the opportunity to transfer into the United Stated Space Force. During my time in the Air Force and Space Force I worked as a satellite operator and commander for the GPS satellite constellation (2 SOPS). It was during my first few years in the military that I discovered real estate investing and it has changed my life since. In a few short years my wife and I have gone from 1 door to 12 doors with a balanced portfolio of long term rentals, medium term rentals and short term rentals (Airbnbs). We are well on our way to financial freedom and my desire now is to help others get there too!

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 31 2023, 09:56

@Jordan Malara Nice! Sounds like a great group for folks in the military. 

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo

User Stats

Votes
Max Ferguson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Jan 31 2023, 09:57

Such a big need for this in Co Springs! At least half of my clients are veterans, I'll try to get them all to go!

MF Home Group Logo
BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.