J. Martin
Pro Member
#1 Real Estate Events & Meetups Contributor
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Oakland, CA
Posted Jun 21 2014, 11:00
This event is brought to you by:

14 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

$20 is for food & drink to be provided to attendees to meet minimum order for a quieter, reserved space. You need to get a ticket on my meetup group to confirm your RSVP to attend, so I can notify the restaurant of how big a space to reserve, and how much food to order:
http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Netw...

WHAT: RE Networking Meetup w/ J Martin
WHEN: Wed, 7/2/14, @ 6PM  (I'll be there at 5)

WHERE: Pacific Coast Brewing Company; 
906 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607; Reserved Patio Space
WHY: Great RE Networking! See below!

This is the monthly Real Estate Networking Meetup in Oakland w/ host J Martin!

Come out and meet with fellow Bay Area investors, investing in and out of state, SFH, duplexes/4plexes, and multifamily, East Bay, Peninsula, SF, Houston, Phoenix.. rehabbers, buy & hold, note investors.. Come say hello, and I'll introduce you to others were similar interests.

It's a great way to get new ideas, hear about returns in different markets, learn from other's experiences, mistakes, and successes, start building relationships for the future, and have a great time with awesome people! I will answer any questions on my recent REO 4plex rehab success story in Oakland, and others will be on hand to share their experiences in the Bay, and out of state. There are always people left chatting well after 9/10PM, so don't be afraid to come late if you can't get off early enough or have to battle traffic..

***************************************************************************************************************
Sign up for, get tickets, and check back on my meetup group for more detailed and up to date information as things progress, and for future meetups:

http://www.meetup.com/SF-Bay-Area-Real-Estate-Netw...

***************************************************************************************************************
Agenda: 
6-6:30 - Arrivals, chit chat, food, drink (will be available later also) 

6:30ishPM
Introductions - what you're doing, looking for, have to offer..
Deals - anyone looking for something for a deal right now, property to partner on, money to borrow/lend, property to sell..
Discussion - Some group chatting about topics on the mind, brought up in introductions, etc.
Connect - Open mingling with whoever you identified you want to talk to from the introductions, deals, and discussion.
12AM - Venue Closes. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here! Most meetups usually finish up with discussion out on the sidewalk after the venue closes down, or move down the street to another location.. So don't be afraid to come later in the evening!

There are typically about 30 investors (or many more when there's a special guest ;) I will limit it to 30 for now, and it will be first come, first serve, for those who RSVP with their ticket. The $20 ticket fee will all be spent on food and drinks for attendees of the meetup. This is to meet the food minimum so that we can have a nice, reserved space, more conducive to networking than some of the crowded/louder bars we've had to deal with as we've grown.

Please RSVP w/ a ticket ASAP, or before 6/27, so I can let the restaurant know the closer number of people to reserve for, and amount of food to order :) I will order a variety of food, including "pub" type food, and salads, for everyone to share, and you will get a drink, including tax and gratuity. Additional beverages and food beyond this will be your responsibility. If you plan on ordering extra food/drink, cash instead of credit card helps the restaurant staff when settling for a big crowd :)

The restaurant staff said there should be parking available on the street (drive around block; free after 6PM), or here is a map for parking garages in the area. The restaurant is also only 4 blocks from 12th St BART station.

906 Washington St, Oakland, CA 94607

Feel free to contact me with any questions, and look forward to seeing/meeting you there!

J Martin
[email protected]
www.REmeetup.com
510-863-1190

Loading replies...