Skip to content
Real Estate Events & Meetups

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hurney
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Tomorrow evening Tuesday December 30, 2014 6:30pm Tenant – Landlord issues. Market Update & 2015 Predictions..

Mike Hurney
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Dec 29 2014, 10:29

No Replies

• 12/30/14 06:30PM
  • SpringHill Suites Hotel, 43 Newbury Street (Route 1 North just before Sonic Carhop) Peabody, MA
  • $25

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Fellow Landlords, Investors and Contractors,

I look forward to see you tomorrow evening for our most important meeting of the year. This is the one area where I DO NOT advocate OJT (On the Job Training) because the first time you’re in a Court room on your own (Pro Se) it’ll be a very expensive education.

So if you’re ever scheduled for an appearance in Housing Court you could go to the sessions in advance:

Lynn, Salem, Lawrence, Lowell, etc then try to figure out if you can even represent yourself, as an Owner, Property Manager, Broker, when the property is in a protective Entity. Then there’s the Security Deposit rules, so simple that Judges gasp when Landlords mishandle Deposits and must pay treble damages. Also rules on Heat required, giving access, utilities, discrimination, City/Town Inspections, Section 8…..

If you’re familiar with these issues, it’ll be a great review, if not it’s a must for you and your Property Managers. Your Tenants know this information why not you?

join us Tuesday 12/30 6:30pm to meet the Northeast Housing Court Chief Justice, find out what’s happening in Court and how it works. Don’t forget, you’ll also have access to all the Docs needed for a Legal Tenant/Landlord binding agreement.

It’s not very often but devastating when it happens, the power is out… I’m working with Tom to setup one of my Natural gas fired, steam boilers with a “power pile, millivolt” (no electricity required) ignition system. We need a new millivolt generator, valve, low water cutoff and pilot. Not cheap but needs no power.

By the way, there are three multilingual (they speak Homeowner, Investor & Landlord;-) Master Plumbers in our Association: Tom 617-697-7330 covers Boston, Mike K 617-970-7036 covers North Shore and Mike B 781-710-2631 covers Metro West 128- 495 .

Happy New Year, Mike Hurney, Director MassRealEstate.net PO Box 307, Marblehead, MA 01945 Office 781-639-8616

Meeting next Tuesday, December 30, 2014, 6:30 – 9:00pm SpringHill Suites Hotel, 43 Newbury Street (Route 1 North, just before Sonic carhop) Peabody, MA 01945 Always no charge to Members only $99/year to join or only $25 at the door. We're just North of Boston, Massachusetts

Buy-Sell-Networking, Light Refreshments, Update on the Real Estate & Financing Markets and YOU!