HERS:A government mandate that can add thousands to your construction costs
Have you budgeted for a rehab only to find out that government programs add thousands to your cost of construction? Have you heard about HERS but don’t know where and when it applies? Or who to ask? Are you wondering if this applies to you?
Gerald Brady is a HERS rater with InfraRed New England, and works with local builders, redevelopers and building inspectors in implementing the Home Energy Rating System in towns that have adopted this new national standard. He will discuss the requirements, pros and cons of the system, and leave you with a better understanding of how it impacts you and your project.
You will learn:
- What HERS is and why towns are adopting it (Hint: it involves dollars!)
- Where it is in effect and where it will be adopted soon
- What the process is with the rater and the building department
- What the rating system is and the forecast going forward
- Tips for dealing with it that will ease the process (and save you bucks!)
- What rebates and tax credits you can qualify for in the process
- What happens if your project FAILS?
Gerry will walk us through the process and leave us with some tools to better work with the HERS rating system. Come prepared to take a few notes if you are a builder or renovator working on major rehab projects, or think you might become one.
Who: All are welcome, open to the public
What: Black Diamond Real Estate Investors: the best networking in Massachusetts, free events, no selling speakers, no multi level marketing, no soliciting investors. Hard to believe? come and see for yourself
Where: Buca di Beppo, 7Boston Tpke, Shrewsbury MA 01545
When: Tuesday January 20, 2015, 6PM Networking, 6:30 PM Program starts
Reminder, tonight is our Black Diamond event in Worcester, all events are free, see you there!
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!