Votes |
Ben Leybovich Joins the Seoul REI Meetup on Sat, Oct 17, 1-3pm

Daniel Ryu
  • Investor
  • Suwanee, GA
Posted Oct 11 2015, 07:06
This event is brought to you by:

No Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

If your interested in real estate investing and you happen to live in Korea, you're in luck. The Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup has over 320 members to help you network and get started in real estate investing.

If you're not sure how to invest overseas while living in Korea or you're curious about investing in Korea but aren't sure about how to, join us at our next meetup and talk to actual investors who buy are buying in the US, Korea and elsewhere (see below for all the places).

When: Saturday, October 17, 1-3pm in Gangnam, Seoul, South Korea.

Where: Gangnam TOZ - Click here for Directions. (This meetup takes place in Seoul, South Korea - scroll to the bottom to see a bottom)

And you won't want to miss this Oct 17 Meetup as we welcome one of the biggest names on BiggerPockets, @Ben Leybovich

Ben Leybovich needs no introduction to BiggerPockets members. He's a three time podcast guests and the creator of Cash. He's also been featured on the Cardone Zone (where he explained to Grant Cardone why he was WRONG about real estate), as well as Huff Post and numerous other publications.

I first became aware of Ben through his infamous post on Why You Shouldn't Buy $30,000 Pigs here on BiggerPockets (which has garnered over 188 comments to date) and I've been following him ever since. 

Ben joins our growing list of virtual speakers that includes:

Brandon Turner

Joshua Dorkin

Ali Boone

Engelo Rumora

Matt Faircloth

Chris Clothier

Matt Shaffar

In addition to Ben, we'll also be going back in our time machine to discuss what happened when I saw this house in Jacksonville, Florida, for sale for $67,500.

We'll walk through a detailed analysis of the pros / cons in buying and what ended up happening.

We'll also talk Korean real estate as our Research Analyst, Ingue, talks about some of his recent market trends he sees happening across Korea.

(Beverages are free!)

There will be a 10,000 W door charge to help us cover some of the costs associated with our meetup. (If you RSVP by Oct 15, that fee will be 6,000 W)

More about us

You might have heard us mentioned on one of the BP Podcasts or read about us in a BP Post (this was by BP CEO, Joshua Dorkin:http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/25/topics/1519... )

Our group is made of investors working and living in Korea. Some of our members are military members stationed overseas. Some are civilian contractors. We also have teachers, freelancers, entrepreneurs, a film director, etc. Many of our members are interested in US investing, especially in turnkey, single family, flipping, and multifamily residences.

We also have Korean investors and members interested in investing in Korean markets. Our members are made up of people from all over including: Hong Kong, Uzebekistan, Taiwan, Ireland, England, Bali, Canada, the US, etc.

Our meetups are conducted in English. However, if you'd like Korean translations, let us know ahead of time and we may be able to set that up.

Our members are currently invested in:

Stateside

Jacksonville & Miami, Florida; Illinois; Kansas City, Missouri; Canada; Michigan; Indianapolis; Las Vegas, Nevada; Nebraska; CA; Yuma, AZ.

Internationally

Hong Kong; Ireland; the Philippines; Taiwan; Busan & Seoul, Korea

(I'm sure I'm missing a few places)

Currently, our group is divided into three parts:

* EDUCATION, NETWORKING, MOTIVATION

Interested in Speaking?

We welcome investors and operators who would like to build relationships with our members by first delivering value and helping to educate our members.

To Attend:

RSVP the next event on Saturday, Oct 17, 1-3p (Korea time) by clicking on the link below:

http://www.meetup.com/Seoul-REI-Meetup/events/2255...

Thanks, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Dan Ryu,

Co-Organizer of the Seoul Real Estate Investing Meetup

More about me:

My BP Profile

Podcast Interview on my 17 years in Korea

Podcast Interview on Networking Success and Mindset

And here's a shout out to all our BP members (that I know of.. I know there are more!):

@Sandra Roddy, @Dustin Karns, @Paul Wurster, @Jacob Michaels, @Katie Kim,@William Strong, @Natalie Heo, @dominik jones, @James Wise, @John Van Uytven, @Robert E. Medlock II, @John Kantola,

@Benjamin Hauser, @richard harrington