Skip to content
Real Estate Events & Meetups

User Stats

Votes
Mike Hurney
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
RE Investors, have a Safe and Happy 4th, Independence?

Mike Hurney
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jul 4 2016, 15:07

1 Reply

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hey Fellow Real Estate Investor,

OK, July 4, 2016 great weather, family, plenty of good food and some interesting Fireworks tonight to celebrate.

(My daughter Victoria wanted me to remind you that July 5 is usually the day that most Pet Shelters receive the most runaway dogs and ask you to minimize the sounds tonight that your pet may be subjected to.)

Since July 4th reminds us of our Independence let's not forget that it's nice to be Independent from a JOB as in being a Successful Real Estate Investor. It's nice to not have to punch in for a 9-5 job with the MAN but doing something YOU like can often be more than 40 hours a week.

So since this is the halfway mark for 2016 and I'm sure that more than half your goals have been met... let's hit it hard and exceed our plans for 2016 in the second half. I'd like to start this Friday at Movers and Shakers July 8, 2016 7-8:30pm to build our Power Teams!

1. Do you need a partner? Or someone you can Contract with for Services?

2. What are the necessary skills needed to complete a Deal?

3. What do you bring to the table as part of those necessary skills?

Don't forget we all started with nothing. When we're born we can't even cry or eat, so everything that someone else successful does is a learned skill.

But as I pointed out in my course "How to Become a Real Estate Investor in 12 Easy Lessons" by Mike Hurney that there's a limit to what you can do that makes sense:

Do you want to travel to Brasil for the latex to make yourself a set of tires? or can you contract that out;-)

4. What services are available?

5. How do you vet those Service providers/ I look forward to see you and we'll answer all 5 questions, this Friday July 8, 2016 7-8:30pm Movers and Shakers at Dennys, Danvers which will prep us for one of the most important meetings Tuesday, July 26, 2016 6:30-9:00pm for Multi family Investing with Dave Lindahl at WorldDepot.net

Again, I'm wishing you a safe and happy independence day and I'll see you soon, Mike Hurney, Director, MassRealEstate.net

PS You may want to check out Malcolm Gladwell's book "Outliers" just because someone seems to easily do things doesn't mean they didn't pay their dues..

PPS Of course we meet just North of Boston, Massachusetts, just South of New Hampshire in New England.

Loading replies...