Lessons Learned from a major Washington DC Renovation Project

Joseph Asamoah
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Washington, DC
Posted Jan 15 2017, 19:48
This event is brought to you by:

6 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Write your post

Greetings:

I hope 2016 was a great year for you and 2017 is starting off spectacularly!!

As we start the new year, I’m confident 2017 will be a successful year in regards to meeting your real estate, business and personal goals. Let me know if I can be of help.

As promised and per many people’s request, I will hold another free event at one my recently completed rehab projects in NE, DC Sunday, January 22nd, 2017 at 3pm. The house is located 5 minutes from the Minnesota Avenue Metro Station. Several people may recall I held a workshop a few months ago shortly after I purchased and removed all trash from the property.

For your information, this was a nearly $100,000 major-rehab project and needless to say, there were many lessons learned and stories to share about this project.

As you can see from the link below, we were able to transform this ugly house into a beautiful home.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yjCX6oHFlo&feature=em-subs_digest

As part of the marketing campaign for this project, we produced professional grade virtual tours of the house in its before and final condition.

Before Condition: http://properties.houselens.com/42258/4205+Hayes+St+NE%2C+Washington+DC+20019

Final Condition: http://properties.houselens.com/50035/4205+Hayes+St+NE+new%2C+Washington+DC+20019

Since the last rehab workshop was very successful, I am proposing to repeat the format of next Sunday’s workshop to include more time for networking and interaction amongst attendees. The proposed format will be as follows:

• 1.Welcome and property walk-thru: You are encouraged to conduct an informal room-by-room walk-thru and to check out the house
  • 2.Education – Review how the property was located, financed, renovated, marketed and sold or rented. The focus will be on providing practical real world information about the nuts and bolts of this project along with the good, bad, ugly and lessons learned
  • 3.Light refreshments and networking: Meet, greet and mingle – socialize and network with like-minded people that are interested in real estate investing and are striving for financial independence. Meet new contacts and do business. Whether you’re an investor (beginner, intermediate or seasoned), service provider (e.g. realtor, contractor, lender, appraiser, home inspector, architect, attorney, property manager etc.) or just trying to “figure it out” there will be attendees that can help you and/or who you can do business with.

Similar to the last meeting, the primary workshop goal is to share insights along with the nuts and bolts of how the property was located, financed, rehabbed, marketed and sold. I will discuss the good, the bad and the ugly along with many lessons learned – and there are lots.

Come meet and network with other like-minded people. The session is free and will be 100% education – there are no hidden agendas and no selling.

If interested in attending the January 22nd session -- please RSVP via the following link:

https://www.picatic.com/event14842662383355

I hope to see you next Sunday and I strongly encourage you to set aside time in your busy schedule attend. I envision another good turnout. You will not be disappointed.

To your success.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph Asamoah, PhD., MBA

301-379-0357

Loading replies...