Votes |
next Tuesday, July 25, Losses, Locks, Estimates and YOU

Mike Hurney
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Boston, MA
Posted Jul 22 2017, 06:04

1 Reply

• 07/25/17 06:30PM
  • DesignGroup47.com 47 Newbury Street, (just before Sonic carhop) Peabody, MA 01960
  • $25.00

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Good morning,7/21/2017 11:21am, 84F, Lobster is $5.99/# (less at the dock), watermelon is $5.99, Atlantic is a balmy 64F so I'm swimming 3 times/day (only a mile each time (w/flippers of course;-)
Sabrina: "I don't want to waste my time with large housing companies. Made 22 offers in the last few days on other off-market houses and sent out 43 letters to home owners . Going to an auction today to observe and add to my buyers list. Should have calls coming in today from the letters I sent out. Talking to neighbors etc... It's a numbers game and about taking action but not spending my energy on large corporations.... Guys if you're in the Investing, Wholesaling or Flip business that's what you should be doing like Sabrina! My only advice was that I give my leads a rating which makes it easier to follow up (week, month, quarterly. or cold, warm, staple a check to the offer!) Mike
Tuesday, July 25, 6:30 - 9pm Any idea how to file an insurance claim on a Loss? I've heard you should call a Public Adjuster before you call the Police or Fire Department then eventually call your Insurance company. That's not exactly the right order. Any idea whether you're coverage is "Co Insured" which can lead to a 50% reduction in your loss settlement. How's an "Agreed Value" work to change that? You'll be an expert on Losses, especially Contractors who really need that knowledge because the Loss payout doesn't always come through, after our Speaker the Public Adjuster.
How about Locks, Quick change, Master keying, what's really secure, what you need to provide your Tenants with? The Top Locksmith in our area will cover those topics and more.
Getting Offers accepted, is a lot easier than you thought, we'll review the successful techniques our Investors are using. A successful Broker I know was arguing with her father (who's not in the Business) at the Beach. "No Dad, it's not Location, Location, Location, it's Price Price, Price." To which I countered: It's actually providing for a Seller's needs and we'll cover what they can be.
How do Contractors Estimate their Prices? Once you know you'll be able to see what to avoid to get the right price for your project with a Win-Win between you and your Contractor or Customer. We'll continue with the start we had with Julie's Painting Company and Shawn's Fencing Company at Movers and Shakers.
Tuesday, July, 25, 2017 6:30 - 9pm - Main Meeting - Buy/Sell/Networking, Marco's Pizza, Insurance Losses, Locks & Security, Accepted offers, Estimating. No Sales, No Marketing. No charge to Members, Only $25 for Guests and Only $99/year to join. We meet at DesignGroup47 dot com 47 Newbury Street (Route 1 North just before Sonic carhop) Peabody, MA 01960
I look forward to see you soon, Mike Hurney, Director MassRealEstate dot net & NewHampshireREIA dot org PO Box 307, Marblehead, MA 01945
PS I've also got an update on my Painting, Deck and Kitchen projects which seem to be taking a little longer than expected... Tell me you've never heard that before;-)
PPS Tuesday, let's also check out Pete's latest cabinet line and see when you can use his Italian Quartz Decking, this is the cool stuff that'll make your Projects POP!

Loading replies...