• Athens, GA
Votes |
August Meeting for the Athens Real Estate Investor Assoc

Ethan Atkinson
  • Investor
  • Athens, GA
Posted Aug 22 2017, 08:14

6 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. There may be pitching of products, services or properties at this event!

Sorry for the last minute notice BP world.  My wife had a baby last month and my admin help has been slim recently. 

Investors all around Athens have been asking me "Ethan! When is the next meeting?" Now I have an answer for them: Tomorrow Night! Logan's Steakhouse. Come on Down!

If you have never been to the Athens Real Estate Investor Association, you are welcome to come for the first time, and as of this month, the meeting is still free. It is a great place to network with other local like minded people, introduce yourself if you have some kind of trade that we as investors might need, and especially a great place if you have property that you want to sell. Regarding property you might have for sale, the farther off the market the better, but of course real estate agents are completely welcome as at least half the group or more is or has been licensed. Another great reason to visit this monthly meeting is the great knowledge our speakers are happy to share with us. Every month is a new and interesting topic.

Tom Beisswenger will be our next guest speaker. He is a local Athens real estate closing attorney who has a wealth of sage advice, and is going to talk to both the novice and experienced investors who frequent our meetings. Some of the topics will include purchasing real estate in an LLC or Corp vs your own name? Is wholesaling illegal? How to set up a joint venture? What are the best special stips to have in an offer? Come with your questions and I know Tom will be able to find an answer.

ABOUT Tom Beisswenger:

For 18 yrs Thomas Beisswenger has been working in Downtown Athens helping local buyers, sellers, and investors close on real estate transactions. As long as I have known him he has been at the Chastain Building at 272 Hancock Ave, #300, Athens, GA 30601

His team of professionals have handled thousands of real estate closings and know what it takes to get them done right. (As reported from LinkedIn) Tom is quite often the first attorney I will suggest to a real estate investor when they ask for who is "Investor Friendly?" or "Who do you suggest handle this transaction?" Personally he has helped me on a number of closings as both an agent and recently as an investor. He is the type of professional who will always get it done for you, and recently even stayed well past 5 pm to accommodate all parties involved!

Be ready to talk about a deal you have or one you are looking for. See you soon!

Schedule for the Meeting
  • 5:30-6:15 Networking and Prep
  • 6:15-6:30 Haves and Wants
  • 6:30 Athens REIA Info and Main Event Speaker

SEE YOU AT LOGAN'S STEAKHOUSE

Loading replies...