Votes |
New Central NY Monthly Meetup - 1st Tues

Rob Sawyer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Syracuse, NY
Posted Sep 17 2017, 18:52

13 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Building on the success of a recent meetup of several BP'ers in Central NY, and the lack of a casual exchanging of REI ideas and knowledge in a conversational format in the area with the intent of actually learning from each other and helping each other succeed, I've decided to start this group and have a regular monthly meeting on the first Tues of every month.

This is geared toward all of us learning from each other regardless of our experience level. There will be no membership fee and no "selling picks and shovels to miners" or other "sales pitches" but rather an informal get-together to talk about REI in the region, what's going on, best contacts to get stuff done and how to maximize deals for everyone.

There are a number of us who are very experienced and skilled and many who are newbies trying to learn and figure this stuff out. All are welcome who are interested in knowledge sharing, not knowledge hoarding/selling. Networking and sharing knowledge are critical to success in REI and I hope to maximize both in an informal gathering over a beverage of choice.

Our next meeting will be on Tues, Oct 3rd at 7pm, location TBD. Our last one was held at Coleman's, which worked fine but I'm looking for suggestions on where to hold future ones so hit me up with your thoughts on a decent place, quiet enough to hear each other talk and room to grow our numbers, preferably with low prices! ;) I'll post the location soonest based on input received. All other thoughts and suggestions on how to make this the best REI event in the area are welcome!

Thanks!

Rob

Rob Sawyer, Founder/CEO, CNY Vets Enterprises LLC

Loading replies...