• Fort Wayne, IN
Votes |
New REI Meet-up (REIA) officially scheduled - Fort Wayne, Indiana

Drew Wiard
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Posted Oct 13 2017, 07:15

11 Replies

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Hey everyone!

I have scheduled the first meeting for our new REI meet-up!

As promised, there is no (nor will there EVER be) a fee to attend!  The goal for this meet-up is simply to bring local investors together to: 1)  Learn from each other 2) discuss local investing with each other and...  3)  advocate for each other.

For this first meeting, we will meet at Sweetwater Sound, 5501 US-30, Fort Wayne, IN 46818 on Wednesday, Oct 25th from 6:30 - 8:30p in their general commons area (what looks like a cafeteria/dining area).  I will work to create a small sign to set out on our table for those of you who might not recognize us.  As I understand it, they serve food until 7p, and drinks until 8p.  

I will be drafting a loose agenda, but please let me know what sort of things you would like to see us touch on!!  

Hope to see you there!  I am greatly looking forward to it!

IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: It is imperative to me that our group promotes only ethical REI practices. Please be prepared to challenge and be challenged when questionable or ethically ambiguous topics present themselves. It is unacceptable (to me) for investors to "win" if it means someone else had to "lose." This sentiment will be a guiding principle of everything we do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the meanwhile, if you have not found and jumped into our Facebook group for local investors, check us out HERE:  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1910999142486622/

Many of you have already found it, but in case you are unaware, we have started a Facebook group that is very specifically for local Investors in and around Fort Wayne. We have already seen some GREAT discussions happening, and it has been a great resource in just the few weeks it has been up and running. Local contractors, suggestions for paint vendors, how to get rid of smells, etc...) It will also serve as a source of info for local meet-ups (coming very soon!)

Feel free to jump in and follow long.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you request to join, you MUST answer the 3 questions presented to you - this is how we weed out those who are clearly not investors.

[46818, 46808, 46805, 46815, 46825, 46835, 46845, 46807, 46808, 46803]

[Auburn, Ft. Wayne, Columbia City, Leo, Decatur, New Haven, Huntington, Kendallville, Angola, Fort Wayne]

Loading replies...