Votes |
RE Investors Coffee Club

Brett Iwanowicz
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Rochester, NY
Posted Jan 22 2018, 06:45

5 Replies

• 01/17/18 07:30AM - 08:30AM America/New_York
  • In the food section, tables available., 1750 East Ave, Rochester Rochester, New York 14610
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

ROC RE Coffee Club

The RE Coffee Club is a weekly informal meeting for real estate investors and real estate professionals to meet, discuss ideas, and communicate their haves, wants and needs. This weekly coffee meeting will give investors the opportunity to expand their network and deepen their network. All who share an interest in real estate investing are welcome.

Agenda:

7:30 – 8:00 Introductions and Haves Wants Needs (This will give each attendee the chance to introduce themselves and what they do as well as communicate a:

1. “Have” – i.e. “I have a three bedroom apartment that I need to lease right now and I have been having a hard time renting it.” Or “I have a two family house in Beechwood for sale, do you have any buyers.”
  2. “Want” – i.e. “I want to buy a 50 to 100 unit storage unit facility in the next 12 months in Monroe County.” Or “I want a 2-4 family house in the Park Avenue area with off street parking priced between $180k to $280k.”
  3. “Need” – i.e. “I need an inexpensive asbestos removal contractor to remove two octopus furnaces in a two family I just bought.” Or “I need a broker to lease up office space in one of my buildings.”

8:00 – 8:30 Question and Answer. i.e. “I am thinking of buying a mobile home park, what criteria should I be using for evaluating this type of property?” “I am working with a property owner who wants to sell their property but are hesitant to do so because of their capital gains exposure, what are some ideas that you guys have to overcome this objection.”

8:30 Meeting End. Just because the meeting has ended doesn’t mean you have to leave. Perhaps there is an attendee who you would like to meet with one on one or maybe you can help someone connect the dots on a Have, Want or Need that they shared with the group. This is the perfect time for that.

About the Organizers:

Brett Iwanowicz of BrettBuysRoc Houses LLC

Brett has over 10 years experience in property management, 6 years devoted to high turnover student housing. As a graduate of St. John Fisher College, Brett has employed his skills in additional areas such as general contracting and evaluating properties for out of area investors. Brett's strengths lie in his strong customer service skills, as well as in his creativity, establishing a cost analysis for renovations and/or routine maintenance to achieve, or exceed maximum rents.

Matt Drouin of Roc Real Capital LLC

Matt is an accomplished real estate broker and an investor whose focus is in multifamily. Matt has 12 years of experience in real estate brokerage, development, and management. Although his focus has been primarily in multifamily, he has had exposure to most asset classes including self-storage, manufactured housing communities, student housing, industrial, office, medical, government agency. retail, and mixed use. On the development side, Matt has worked on historic tax credit projects, product concept development, and lease up strategy & implementation.

Loading replies...