John Gollinger, Executive Director of the Waltham Housing Authority, is tentatively scheduled to give us an update on WHA initiatives including the Waltham rental subsidy. For the voucher program in particular, we hope to hear statistics on how successful has the program been, whether there be an extension past three years or a follow-on program, and what can landlords can do to help out.Waltham Housing Authority, John Gollinger Fourth from Left Matt Naimoli of G&N Insurance
Matt Naimoli of G&N Insurance will give us at least five cost savings and five pitfalls to avoid when insuring multifamily buildings.
Insurance Pitfalls to Avoid
- Insufficient Rent Loss Coverage: What this means, how it can happen, and how to avoid
- Insufficient Ordinance or Law coverage: What this means, how it can happen, and how to avoid
- Insufficient Liability Protection: What this means, how it can happen, and how to avoid
- Insufficient Building coverage: What this means, how it can happen, and how to avoid
- Individual policies vs a BOP that extends across all locations: Advantages/Disadvantages of both options and how to choose what’s right
- Claim snafus – avoid massive headaches of there are joint ownership on properties within policy by listing all owners out per property in advance
- Missing Endorsements – guaranteed replacement, water back up, O&Law, etc
- Policy Reviews - Not having policies reviewed at least every third year and the downfall of allowing them to sit dormant
Ways to Save
- Deductible Changes and the impact: Examples
- Evaluating options on a consistent basis: Who and How
- Keep your replacement cost in check
- One policy vs separate per property
- Sprinkler system impact
- Know when and when not to file claims
- Update your property
Market your business, pick up handouts, give away an old doorknob. Everything goes on our first-come, first-served display table at all our events. Please bring business cards, brochures, coupons. And feel free to pick up your own uncollected marketing materials at the end. Everything not claimed end-of-night may be chucked.
Wednesday, October 3rdCharles River Meeting Agenda
- 5:30pm Sign-in/Networking/Dinner
- Networking draws from Waltham, Newton, Weston, Watertown, Wellesley, Wellesley Hills, Lincoln, Dover, Arlington, Belmont, and the western ends of Cambridge and Boston.
- 6:00pm Buffet Dinner by the Copper House Tavern
- 6:40pm Executive Director Doug Quattrochi with the MassLandlords Business Update
- Member Minutes - Any member can have the mic for 60 seconds (introduce yourself, ask a question, share words of wisdom, etc.)
- 7:00pm Part I: John Gollinger: Waltham Housing Authority
- 7:25pm Part II: G&N Insurance: Five Savings and Five Considerations
- 8:20pm Networking
- 9:00pm Doors Close
Best Western Waltham
380 Winter St.
Waltham, MA 02451
There is ample parking in the lot around the Best Western and down the hill by the Copper House Tavern. Please enter through the main lobby and look for the MassLandlords signs.
- Buffet Dinner (we are trying to arrange an upgrade from September's offering)
- Soda, Water, Coffee
- Waitstaff will serve alcohol, just ask
*Dietary restrictions: purchase an early-bird ticket and email [email protected], we will accommodate you.
Open to the public. Membership is not required! No Sales Pitch Guarantee. You pay so we don't have to let a shark into the room.
- After Early bird or at the door:
- Public: $35.00
- Members: $25.00
- Early-bird ends seven days prior at 12pm:
- Public: $30.00
- Members: $20.00
This event is operated by MassLandlords staff. Check in with your MassLandlords ID card.