Interest in free Denton, TX REI meet-up

12 Replies

This event is brought to you by:
  • 01/16/19 06:30PM - 08:30PM America/Chicago
  • 520 South, N Interstate 35 E Denton, Texas 76205
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

I'm an investor agent with Aspire Investments. Our brokerage had a Denton REI meet-up ongoing every third Wednesday at the Rudy's BBQ on I-35, but the agent that was in charge of hosting has recently left. I'd like to continue with these meetings as they've provided me with a lot of knowledge and it's always nice to meet people with the same interests. The meetings would likely start in January, but if theres enough interest we could get going in November or December. If you live in the Denton area and would be interested in a free monthly meet-up without the pressured sales tactics of some REI groups, please DM me. If you can answer some or all of the questions below, it would be appreciated:

1. What type of content would you like to hear about and discuss?

2. What time would you prefer the meeting to start and end? 

3. Would you be able to meet on the third Wednesday of each month (or at least some of them)?

4. How many REI meet-ups have you been to in the last year?

Additionally, I need help finding guest speakers and sponsors for the meetings. If you or anyone you know is in the REI field and can speak or would like to sponsor the event, please reach out to me. Contractors, insurance agents, appraisers, accountants, successful flippers landlords and wholesalers, loan officers, or anyone else that is involved in the investment world is welcome.

Thanks

I am definitely interested in attending. New to the biz and have procrastinated way too long. The few meet ups or

meetings that I have attended turned me off.

I'd like to share ideas or gain additional knowledge on sourcing wholesale deals to start, sources for SFH to rehab and flip next and eventually rental possibilities.

I'm good at anytime between 5:00-7:00. 

I should be abe to attend most meetups.

I am in! I am dying to start RE investing in Denton! I'm particularly interested in student rentals-that is, renting a SFR by the room in order to increase rents. Looking to BRRRR my first property there. I want to meet others that will encourage me. Btw I have 3 business/finance degrees and I love helping people with the numbers. I also have capital to get started. I'm thinking of going with LendingOne for the hard money fix and flip loan-converting to a 30 year fixed. I need mentors to BLESS MY DEALS and give me the encouragement and guidance to get started! Let us meet! 6 pm on a Wednesday or 11 am on a Saturday would be great. I would love to help people build systems-creating the operations side of the business. Cash Flow is KING!

Matt Van Dyck

[email protected]

504-295-5922 Call or Text! I Love talking about REI!

Im am there Troy , being a student of the game I am always looking to gain ,more knowledge !

Also if anyone is looking for a bird-dog/property scout here in Denton ,Tx please feel free to email me :

[email protected]

Hey I live up the road from Denton in Oklahoma, about 45 min north. I would love to come to a meet up!

I would definitely be interested.

Thank you,

Thanks for the replies everyone. It looks like there may be enough interest then to move forward with this in January. If anyone knows someone that has lots of experience in any aspect of REI and would like to speak at a future meeting, please have them contact me.

I look forward to meeting you all. 

Hi Troy, 

My husband and I would definitely be interested in this meeting.  

We are trying to figure out if it'd be smart to leverage against the two existing properties we own outright.  We need help weighing the benefits and cost because we both come from a "no debt" background.   We need better understanding of the potential financial structures we can take advantage of.

We're flexible.

3. Would you be able to meet on the third Wednesday of each month (or at least some of them)?

yes.

zero! This would be our first taste!  Only been in the BP community a few months.  

Thanks for initiating this, Troy!

Definitely interested in this meetup! 

Strategies, Financing, JV, Marketing, Finding deals in this HOT market, Coaching, mentoring, networking,

11am-1pm Saturday, 5-7pm Wed.

Saturday morning I could make more meetings than Wednesday night

This year none

I would love to learn more about the market trends in the DFW area.  I would also like to learn more about buy and hold investments.

I’ve been to 6 meetings in Addison.  I would prefer 6:30pm to 8:30pm

Wednesdays are good 

I am defiantly interested as well, would love to be able to meet up with local investors and make good connections and learn from them as well! 

6:30 pm to 8:30 pm would be a great time! 

Thanks again for the input everyone. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone soon. If I have any updates or news, I'll post it here. In the meantime, is anyone interested in getting together for a happy hour in December? I'm thinking more of an informal meet and greet. No speaker or presentation. I know it's difficult with the holiday season but I find it hugely motivating to be around like-minded people. 

I'd be interested in happy hour in December. If not I plan on being at the meetup in January.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here