Session #2: How do I find a deal!?

10 Replies

• 02/24/19 01:00PM - 03:00PM America/New_York
  • Meeting in the Hilliard room of the public library. , 4500 Hickory Chase Way Hilliard, Ohio 43026
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

Newbie investors!
If you have 5 or fewer deals under your belt, this is the meet-up for you!

This is a meetup for investors with 5 deals or less! We understand that other meetups and associations can be intimidating. Sometimes it feels like everyone in the room knows WAY more than you do. It can be embarrassing to speak up, ask questions or network. Not here. At this meetup, everyone is new. We'll support and encourage each other. We'll problem solve and grow together.

Session #2

Answering the question: HOW DO I FIND A DEAL?

You will leave this session not only with a better idea on how and where to find deals, but with at least a small list of possible deals to explore or make an offer on!

This meeting will be at 1pm in the Hilliard Room of the library. Networking after the meeting.

ROUGH AGENDA:
Welcome, Agenda and Ground Rules
Introductions and Topic Introduction
Quick Topic Discussion
Working time - developing your deal criteria and finding possible deals
Networking

https://youtu.be/6xrKH5xrdMg

Session 2 is a working session. You will want to bring:

A laptop
Pen
Paper
We will all be MOST prepared if you answer these 5 questions before hand:

What are my real estate investing goals?
What is my budget?
How do I plan to finance a real estate investment?
Which neighborhoods am I comfortable with or most interested in?
What amount of rehab am I comfortable with (i.e. <$10,000)?
Once we know WHAT you're looking for, we can go look!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the 24th.

Looking forward to attending!

I can’t make this one but I’m excited to attend the next one. 

Hey @Joshua Hively , glad to see you very active in the community. I will try to attend this one.

all the best!

@Edo Tinjak

I actually will not be at Session #2. I am headed to Texas for a couple weeks. We should catch up when I get back.

@Matthew Tolley

Definitely not. I am just "helping" with the group. And actually my trip got delayed so I will most likely be at the meeting. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!

@Edo Tinjak

I'm new to real estate investing, and this looks like a great workshop for me to learn and begin networking locally.  Looking forward to meeting everyone attending.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here