Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorPosted Aug 21 2020, 11:53

10 Replies

• 09/10/20 06:00PM - 08:00PM America/Los_Angeles
  • Actual address is TBD , 1620 E Cypress Avenue Redding, California 96002
  • Free

Disclaimer: BiggerPockets does not support or sponsor any meetups unless otherwise noted. Do your due diligence before attending any events. You may be agreeing to attend an event that includes promotion, pitching, or high-pressure sales tactics or techniques. Poster certifies that there will be no pitching of products or services at this event.

Report Event

NOTE:  Address is TBD - with Covid restaurants are opening, closing, opening... so once it gets a little closer I will post location. (Suggestions are always welcome - do you know of a place that's open?)  

September meetup - Calling all investors in the Redding area (Shasta Lake, Anderson, Cottonwood, Red Bluff, etc.)  Whether you're a newbie or seasoned investor, builder, developer, or just curious, COME JOIN US! Everyone starts somewhere, and no matter how many years we do this, we always can learn new things. 

Please leave a comment on what you're doing right now as far as investing. 

Don't you love our area?  Never tire of enjoying the beauty that surrounds us. 

User Stats

Votes
Cara Murray
  • Redding CA
Votes |
  • Redding CA
Replied Aug 22 2020, 08:14

Good Morning- I am so glad we are going to start doing meet ups again. 

We are currently doing a live in flip of sorts, we purchased a ran down Hud repo and got it in "living condition" moved into it and have continued to have work done. We lived here with subflooring in the kitchen for over a month. Covid has really slowed down work, but we did plan on living in an unfinished home for a little while.

Our previous primary residence is getting ready to be rented out, just needed a little paint and some LVP flooring. 

All of our rentals are single family in Tehama and Shasta County. Although we are wanting/willing to venture into multifamily the opportunity hasn't hit yet.

My most recent exploration has been looking at a condo in Hawaii. The prices have started going down due to Covid/quarantine and the short term rentals being unused.

I would love to hear about others on where you all are at and what you are working towards. 

Have a great day guys!

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Aug 25 2020, 09:45

@Cara Murray Glad to see you! Having done all types of development in the Redding area, then moving to so cal and then Bend, since coming back to Redding I've changed course and now working as a Realtor. Though, I still have my GC license; we're doing Section 1 work, and home inspections. 

It sounds like you guys have a lot going on! Have you posted pics of the fixer close to the river? I'm curious how that came out.  As to tagging you. sometimes it's hard to round up everyones names because they're on different threads. Please set your keyword alerts to Redding - Shasta County Meetup and you should get notification. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Cara Murray
  • Redding CA
Votes |
  • Redding CA
Replied Aug 26 2020, 07:57

@Karen Margrave it appears you can’t share social media names on Bigger Pockets. Oops. I would love to share some photos with you all maybe at the next meet up.

User Stats

Votes
Bethany Corey
  • Anderson, Ca
Votes |
  • Anderson, Ca
Replied Sep 5 2020, 14:48

Currently I am sitting on my couch every day listening to podcasts and taking notes. That's my project. I hate "normal" jobs. I am desperate to start real estate investing.

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Sep 8 2020, 16:20

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry it's taken me so long to post WHERE! Had to wait and see if they were letting restaurants open back up. Let's meet at From the Hearth on Creek Rd. at 6:00 Thursday!  I didn't reserve the meeting space as they charge 250 and we won't have that many people until we start building back up. Do however go into the meeting room, it's easier to get more people in there. ;)  Please email me or text me (530) 782-1800, if you are going to make it. 

ADDRESS:  2650 Churn Creek Rd., Redding, CA 96002 (you can order online so it's ready when you get there if you'd like) 

@Alex Shea @Todd Harrington @Stephen Heleniak @Cara Murray @Rashid Ramzi @Brent Hayes @Bethany Corey

Can someone please tag those last 3 for me, for some reason it didn't tag them. Thanks! 

User Stats

Votes
Alex Shea
  • Lender
  • Nationwide
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Nationwide
Replied Sep 8 2020, 16:23

Thx for setting this up, Karen. Look forward to meeting you all on Thursday. Only able to tag @Bethany Corey

User Stats

Votes
Karen Margrave
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorReplied Sep 11 2020, 15:32

We had a great meetup last night. Missed some of you. We're building our group back up again. We had 7 members all together. Next months meetup will be on October 8th. We will do 2nd Thursday of the month, 6 p.m. Either at the food truck park or one of the Restaurants/breweries.  Locations may vary, but day of week and time are going to remain the same so it's easy. I will post further ahead of time on location, just wasn't sure when they were letting restaurants open for service again. We are opening an additional office in the back of the building, above Market Street Steakhouse. There's other little restaurants there too, plus the food truck park nearby. Set your keywords! Redding Meetup, Redding, Shasta County. 

Are any of you looking for investments, projects to do, etc.? Does anyone do Airbnb type investments? I know this Covid thing has put a damper on those, but curious what investment type properties. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 11 2020, 16:43

I am interested in an Airbnb investment Karen. Or really just any major fixers. I’ve got a partner with some capital to add to mine so we can do some cash deals. For the right price obviously 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Michaud
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Redding, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Redding, CA
Replied Sep 13 2020, 13:42

Hi Karen! Can you tag me for the next meetup please? I didn’t get an alert for that last one because none of my keyword alerts got used in your posting.