New build Charleston SC

13 Replies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVpDZQVsgSE&sns=em

This was a nice semi infill we just built and sold build time start to finish 5 months.. It was our very first foray into the Charleston Market.. Next time up tough we will not do a full wrap porch.. framing in that market is almost double what we pay in ORegon..

this one sold at 292k within 3 days on market. with a 17% net profit end of the day.

We currently have 5 more going and one is the subject of the reality show "southern charm" I will update that one once we see the video from the production company it should be pretty cool.

Very nice Jay!

@Jason Rucker  

you probably recognize a Portland Foursquare when you see one.. its a Mark Stewart design.

Yep!  I'll post some pics soon.  :-)

Very cool! Thats a long way from home. How did you end up building so far away?

Nice project, Jay.  Nice profit as well!  I posted a comment on Troy's YouTube video as well.  We are re-habbing a house on the South side of Park Circle right now.  I will drive by Wasp St. next week when I am up there.  What else do you have under construction in Charleston?

That's impressive Jay!   Are you using a single contractor or do you have your own crews?

Nice house, good profit. 

How much/sqft cost Jay?

Let's split a few new constructions downtown jay?

@Haardt Moses

already doing it.. if you caught southern charm on Bravo last night the house that Shep bought is one I built.. it had my GC Troy Ah Yo on the show as well.

@Jay Hinrichs I checked our 46 Aiken.. awesome build! I like that location too. I don't know where your other builds the eastside is my favorite area of charleston.. and you can't forget the west side. All this success remotely! Hats off to you. I am about to get my hands dirty and finally jump into some things downtown. I always like bouncing ideas back and analyzing deals.. would love to get more information out of you.

@Haardt Moses

thanks we are building on Nunan,, kyle, America and Woodall presently with a few other projects up in park circle NC.

@Jay Hinrichs ... I was reading through some of your posts and you mentioned that some lots aren't good if they aren't cheap enough like they used to be. I live downtown and have live here for 5 years and have seen some very impressive jumps. I remember in 13/14 lots were just 20k downtown on the east side.. Now i feel like I find a lot for 100 thats a good deal.. So my question is, for you new builds what kind of price would be good for a lot in the areas your building? I have never built but I always enjoying considering things and weighing in the possibilities. Also, do you have a link to a full financial breakdown on one of your new builds? thanks

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here