Fireplace decision - Which do you like?

12 Replies

Trusses are finally on, after rare rain in southern California, and now the house is ready to be "dried in". Time to frame up for the fireplace, but can't decide on which fireplace, so maybe you can help. 

#1. Linear fireplace 60" 

#2. Modern - 42" viewable  area - tile would be white/gray tones. 

Linear would be more dramatic.  My vote is for #1.

Both.... One on each side of the room.   They both look awesome.  

If I was forced I would say the 60" just cuz it is unique. 

#1. Linear fireplace 60"   Looks more distinguished and sexy. Altho I prefer a real wood burning fireplace in the midwest. 

@Karen Margrave   both look awesome!!!

I personally would choose #1 to give the "wow" effect. 

If you don't mind me asking where are you getting your fireplace and how much those cost?

Those are made by Heat and Glo, you can do a search and find a dealer close to you. This link is off our dealer at Capofireside. It shows pricing, and I'm not sure if the manufacturer site does. Heat and Glo Fireplaces

When originally planning I was thinking linear. Then I think after seeing it so much, I've kind of grown tired of it, and just happened across the other style, so thought I'd get some input from others. 

I really like the wider fireplace if the room can support the size. Its different and adds so much to the room.

Hmm I was thinking this recessed pebble hearth I did would look really good with the wide fireplace.

#1 Linear (as long as the design supports the more modern look).

#1 All the way!  We are planning to use a similar one that even has backlighting around the edges in the Diary of a Pop Top house

@Todd Whiddon  Will you be using that in a dining room as shown in the photo, or where? For a dining room that might be nice, for a great room, I'd be afraid it would be too trendy, or commanding. I'll definitely be watching for your pics though! 

I like them both but I think #1 is only suitable for a bigger than usual living / family room(10+ft ceilings) not the normal 1200 to 1500sf of living space in a residency. The second could be in any size living / family room even den, office or master bedroom, imo.

Kudos,

Mary

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here