Looking for help!!

10 Replies

I'm getting ready to take a Scott Yancey class this weekend here in Denver this weekend. After reading so many articles I was that sucker to pay for the class. I do not have the 20k to 40k for the extras they are asking. 

Is there any grants out there that are willing to invest in something like a flip?? I'm very new to the flip world and looking to fulfill my passion. 

I'm not looking at a sinker and I also know the home isn't going to sell the day it hits the market unless I price it right. I have a couple of friends that are realtors and could sell these homes and for all to make money. 

So my question, is there a grant or is there someone willing to front for a large percentage until I can get on my feet. 

Originally posted by @Dylin Graham:

I'm getting ready to take a Scott Yancey class this weekend here in Denver this weekend. After reading so many articles I was that sucker to pay for the class. I do not have the 20k to 40k for the extras they are asking. 

Is there any grants out there that are willing to invest in something like a flip?? I'm very new to the flip world and looking to fulfill my passion. 

I'm not looking at a sinker and I also know the home isn't going to sell the day it hits the market unless I price it right. I have a couple of friends that are realtors and could sell these homes and for all to make money. 

So my question, is there a grant or is there someone willing to front that is a bank or a person or however that works. Not sure how this all works.

you arent saying that you paid 20k to 40k for a class are you?!?!?!

No I didn't I paid 1000 down for the class and 200 for an investment class. I figured it was Scott Yancey's name on the line that this wouldn't be a scam but after reading a lot of articles, I feel like a sucker.

@Dylin Graham

If you want someone on Bigger Pockets to give you money without having any sort of track record, at least start building your presence on the site and prove to people you are serious about learning. I suggest starting by introducing yourself here: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/55-new-member-...

Once you do that, if you haven't already, check out The BiggerPockets Ultimate Beginner's Guide and set up your keyword alerts. After that, start posting on the forums. If people see you popping up a lot and providing value (or at least proof you are learning), they are much more likely to discuss doing a deal with you. If you are serious about investing in real estate, interact on this site for a few months and watch what happens to both your knowledge and network. Also, check out the BiggerPockets podcast to brush up on your lingo and discover a multitude of other ways to make money in real estate besides just flipping houses.

Thank you Walker I will for sure do that. Thank you for your imput and I will check these out when I get home tomorrow!!

scott yancy is  yet another clown trying to screw people over, there are several on this website actually trying to become the next "armando montelongos"......the truth (from someone who has flipped many house successfully and has yet to lose money even once doing it) is that one can learn everything they need to know by attending any number of real estate groups, and/or copying off those that are already successful. read books, learn everything about construction, buying houses cheap, selling houses sucessfully,...plus everything else....ha

@sethsherman

I plan on doing what I can with what I am about to learn from everyone here. I also talked to a realtor I know who's gonna help me get ideas of how the market looks so when I find the money, I can do my first flip!!! So pumped to tell me story of my first flip!!

@Dylin Graham I know of no grants for someone to learn how to flip properties. Anyone that tells you otherwise is selling something to you whether or not such a grant might exist.

hi dilyn. welcome to BP and to the real estate world. when i first got started, i wanted to read every book i could, go to every seminar i could attend,   and take  every class i could find. i learned early on that most of these " schools" are shams. if you can walk away from a seminar with more knowledge that you walked in with, great. learn everything you can from every source possible, but it shouldn't cost you a bundle of money paid to a guy who claims to be " making it rich in real estate". lets face it, if he were getting rich by flipping houses, why is he teaching and not doing?? get some books, read, learn all you can from them, then get out there, find your best deal you can, and i mean the absolute best deal you can find if you are starting with little or nothing like i was. then, make it work. do whatever you need to do to make it work. you will learn along the way. my first flips were purchased for $1700 and $500. i still have the first one and i sold the $500 house for $10,000 after renting it for 5 years. you can do, you can learn along your way. good luck

Thank you Mark!! I'm going to the seminar this weekend and going to learn all I can about flips. I am also gonna learn how to write grants to get money to start this. I live the broke life and I want my family to have everything they want and to not stress to make them so happy. 

I appreciate all these comments which is helping me understand so much more!! 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here